Re: multiple email addresses?

Brian Edmonds (bedmonds@cs.ubc.ca)
02 Oct 1996 12:59:32 -0700

Steve Kinzler <kinzler@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
>> Is there a convention for dealing with multiple email addresses per
>> picon?
> Not a good one, I'm afraid. 'faces' supports table files listing
> equivalent addresses, but not all other picons-using software supports
> them. One can use filesystem links in the picons databases, or just
> install the picon in multiple places.

I suppose you could just maintain a text file with lines of the form
canonical-address alias [alias...]

It would then be trivial to write a script that takes this file and
creates all the appropriate symlinks in the filesystem. I wouldn't
think it should even take much effort beyond what you already put in to
maintain the picons db.

If you don't have the time, however, perhaps a volunteer could be
found. If this is a problem that people think is worth solving, of
course.

Brian.