Re: integration with http?

Marc VanHeyningen (mvanheyn@cs.indiana.edu)
Sat, 30 Jul 1994 18:00:36 -0500

Thus wrote:
>In message <15765.9407291428@tamdhu.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk> 29 Jul 1994 15:28:11,
> phrrngtn@cs.st-andrews.ac.uk wrote:
>
>> I would like my faces database to be built up on a 'demand' basis i.e.
>> if the face is not available locally, to attempt and retrieve it via
>> HTTP (using 'get' or something else coded up with libwww-perl)
>>
>> Is there a W3 gateway available where you could give it a mail address
>> and it would return the image?

The IU finger gateway has similar functionality to this; check it out
at <http://www.cs.indiana.edu/finger/gateway>. It wouldn't be
particularly difficult to make a simpler gateway that simply took an
address and returned an xbm of whatever was appropriate, though I'm
not sure whether it's a great idea; Steve?

- Marc

--
<A HREF="http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/mvanheyn.html">Marc VanHeyningen</A>