Re: XFaces 3.0 Announcement (finally!)

Chris Liebman (liebman@zod.clark.net)
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 14:52:51 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from mail: 28-Feb-94 Re: XFaces 3.0 Announcement.. Paul
Smith@pobox.wellfle (1955)

> %% Regarding XFaces 3.0 Announcement (finally!);
> %% Chris Liebman <liebman@zod.clark.net> writes:

> I'm having a strange problem: when I try to bring up the new xfaces I
> get the following errors:

> FaceImageTypeListParse: bad type name: <xpm-shape>
> FaceImageTypeListParse: bad type name: <xpm>
> FaceImageTypeListParse: bad type name: <xbm-shape>
> FaceSearchParse: bad search type: <x-face>

You have built XFaces without XPM, SHAPE and XFace header support. You
need to set the following resources:

XFaces.imageFormats: xbm
XFaces.imageSearch: \
beforeImage\n\
resource\n\
facedb\n\
afterImage

The defaults are:

XFaces.imageFormats: xpm-shape:xpm:xbm-shape:xbm

Which specifies that the following image types are are allowd and the
order that they are to be checked:

xpm-shape - Shaped XPM images.
xpm - XPM images.
xbm-shaped - Shaped XBM images.
xbm - XBM images.

And:

XFaces.imageSearch: \
beforeImage\n\
resource\n\
facedb\n\
x-face\n\
afterImage

Which specifies the order and types of searches that are used to locate
an image to display.

beforeImage - regular expression search of headers.
resource - lookup user/host name in X resource database.
facedb - Disk based "faces" search.
x-face - look for X-Face header.
afterImage - regular expression search of headers.

> and xfaces can't seem to find its pixmaps (I get a white square saying
> "nomail" instead of the no-mailbox pixmap).

Did you install a nomail.xbm file in one of the directories on your
imagePath? (In your case: /usr/global/lib/pixmaps) XFaces currently
does not contain a XBM nomail image. Does anyone have one to contribute?

-- Chris

Chris Liebman Work Home
Internet: liebman@xrxedds.com liebman@zod.clark.net
UUCP: uunet!xrxedds!liebman uunet!clarknet!zod!liebman
Phone: 1-703-787-2032 1-703-830-1641